One of my favorite weight loss and healthy living tips is to simply increase the amount of water you are drinking. Did you know your body is 55%-78% water? When you are hydrated adequately you feel so much better. Water has many functions in the body, these include:
* Helping with metabolism
* Helping our organs absorb nutrients better
* Regulating our body temperature
* Detoxifying our body
* Protecting and moisturizing our joints
Water is beneficial for every cell in your body. It helps fight fatigue and keeps you feeling full longer. Dehydration can cause headaches and migraines, and make you feel sluggish. The best way to start drinking more is slowly. Add up how many ounces you drank today, now add 8 oz and make that your goal for tomorrow. Once you are able to do that, add 8 more ounces until you are getting about 64-80 oz a day. For most people that is enough to keep you feeling good, and supporting a healthy diet. Make sure and drink more during exercise, and during the summer months. Here are some tips for making it easier to drink more water each day.
* Get a water bottle. Find one that is 20-24 oz and you will only have to fill it up a few times a day. Just make sure to wash it out frequently.
* Always have your water bottle with you; it is much easier to get your water in when it is always there.
* Add a sprig of fresh mint for a refreshing flavor.
* Try adding a few cool cucumber slices for a summer twist.
* A citrus slice (lemon, lime, orange or grapefruit) really adds a new dimension to water.
* Try a no calorie water bottle add-in like Crystal Light. Some store brands are really good too, and a little cheaper. Many flavors are available!
What have you found helps you get your water in each day?