- Try a few of these tips for cutting a 100 calories painlessly:
- Trade 1/2 cup of premium vanilla ice cream for 1/2 cup of Breyers Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream.
- Ordering a cone? Make it the sugar, not the waffle, kind.
- Grab a Dannon Light & Fit Yogurt, not a low-fat, fruit on the bottom blend. With the swap below you save 160 calories!
|Dannon Light and Fit - 80 Calories|
|Breyers Fruit on the Bottom - 240 calories|
- Replace half the butter in cake, muffin, and brownie recipes with an equal amount of unsweetened applesauce. You'll save about 100 calories for every tablespoon you swap.
- Indulge in a slice of angel food cake drizzled with chocolate syrup rather than three chocolate chip cookies.
- Try reduced calorie bread, like Nature's Own or Arnolds, on your sandwich over regular bread.
- Skip the shredded cheese on your chili or slice of cheese on your sandwich. In 1/4 cup of shredded cheese, you will find 110 calories.
- Toss your salad with unlimited balsamic or pomegrante vinegar and only 1 tsp of olive oil. You will save around 100 calories compared to regular salad dressings.
- Top your burger (or turkey burger!) with onions, lettuce, tomato, ketchup and mustard, skip the mayo. Two tsp of regular mayo is about 100 calories.
- Switch from regular butter to spray butter (1 Tbsp of regular butter is just over 100 calories)
- Try these tips to cut closer to 250 calories:
- Trade a reduced-fat blueberry muffin for instant oatmeal topped with 1/4 cup of fresh blueberries. Bonus: You'll stay satisfied all morning.
- At the salad bar, reach for shredded Parmesan instead of cheddar and skip the bread.
- Having fajitas? Fill up one high fiber, low calorie tortilla rather than three, then eat the rest of your toppings with a fork, or rolled in lettuce.
- Opt for broccoli chicken over sweet-and-sour, and for steamed brown rice, not fried when ordering chinese.
- Sub black beans for refried and hold the side of Mexican rice.
- Switch to diet soda over regular, depending on how much you drink, for some people this saves close to 1,000 calories a day.
- Switch to a bagel thin topped with whipped cream cheese instead of a regular bagel with regular cream cheese. Try Thomas' Bagel thins, LOVE them!
- Switch to crystal light instead of regular juice. Again, this saves some people 100's of calories depending on how much you drink.
- Try turkey hot dogs instead of regular hot dogs. Hebrew National makes an excellent reduced fat hot dog.
- Switch your potato side dish for green vegetables (broccoli, asparagus, or green beans are great options)