So, I have no idea where I found this idea. My husband and I have been making it for years, and it always is a huge hit. We have taken it to football parties, holiday gatherings, and many other get togethers where we are asked to bring an appetizer. They are always gone quickly!
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
1 Package of bacon (either center cut or try turkey!)
2 cans whole water chestnuts
1/2 Jar Teriyaki Sauce (I use Kikkoman marinade and sauce)
1. Cut each slice of bacon into thirds or fourths.
2. Wrap each small piece around 1 water chestnut, securing with a tooth pick.
3. Line up in rows in a baking Pan (I use a 9x13).
4. After all are lined up, pour half a jar of the teriyaki sauce over them. Try not to get sauce on the toothpick. Make sure each one has some sauce on it. (you can use light sauce, and really this is a low cal app!)
5. Cover the pan with foil and bake at 350 F for 45 min. Remove the foil and bake for another 10-15 min.
Since the recipe starts with bacon, here is a calorie break down. Each water chest nut is between 6-7 calories, 1/4 slice of bacon (center cut or extra lean turkey) is 5 calories, and the sauce, if you use 1/2 the bottle, breaks down to about 3 calories per chestnut. So...we are looking at most, 15 calories a piece! How do you like that?? Enjoy!
Hope you got your daily dose of nutrition today, and thanks for reading! If you enjoy the blog, please share using the buttons below, or in the box to the right. Also, we would love to have you join us! Join this site in the "followers" box to the right. "Like" the blog on facebook, and follow me on twitter (@jennasteprd), tumblr, and pinterest using the the boxes on the right. Thanks, and have a great day! ~jenna