Here is an awesome appetizer you can try if you are throwing a New Years Eve Party, or asked to bring something to one! This recipe makes enough for about 8 little ones, you can alter it for as many as you need or want to make pretty easily. I usually taste test along the way to get a balance I'm in the mood for. It is a great recipe as is every time though, enjoy!
- 1/2 cup chopped plum tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted green or black olives
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 inch slices from a French bread baguette (8 for this recipe amount)
- Cooking spray
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1. Preheat oven to 375º.
- 2. Combine first 9 ingredients.
- 3. Lightly coat both sides of bread slices with cooking spray; arrange bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 375º for 4 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
- 4. Rub 1 side of bread slices with halved garlic; top evenly with tomato mixture
Hope you got your daily dose of nutrition today, and thanks for reading! If you enjoy the blog, please share using the buttons below, or in the box to the right. Also, we would love to have you join us! Join this site in the "followers" box to the right. "Like" the blog on facebook, and follow me on twitter (@jennasteprd), tumblr, and pinterest using the the boxes on the right. Thanks, and have a great day! ~jenna